The importance of including a video in your marketing strategy can not be overstated. Once you have a video, it is important to post it on YouTube, the biggest search engine for videos. According to Pablo, there are few things that you can do to drive up the number of views:
- Don’t leave out the keywords
- Include keywords on your title and description. Do this as seriously as you do for your search webpage. A good title and description will enable your video to come up not just on YouTube but also on Google search.
- Work hard early on to promote your video
- Just like Google search, there is lot of competition on YouTube. YouTube algorithm works in such a way that if there are lot of views in first 24-48 hours, your video will rank very well in popularity. For this, post your video in your website, Facebook etc. Don’t forget to send them to your friends and loyal customers.
- Rating and comments
- Ask people to rate and comment on the video. People can either use like or dislike button or leave a comment below your video. To make it more interactive, you should try to answer some of these comments. This will get people engaged and drive popularity of your video.
Inspired by How To Get Best Video Rankings on YouTube and SEO by Pablo, www.fortune3.com
-Priyanka Jain, Lexity.com